The GeoExt Development Team is proud to announce GeoExt 0.7!
This release includes new data components, plugins, state components,
and widgets. Some of the highlights of this release includes:
* print components for PDF printing with the MapFish print module,
which is also now packaged as a GeoServer extension
* a plugin for creating forms from WFS DescribeFeatureType responses
* a permalink provider to create permalink from stateful components
(MapPanel is now stateful)
* a vector legend component to have legends for vector layers in the LegendPanel
* support of the SCALE GetLegendGraphic parameter in WMSLegend
The release notes for GeoExt 0.7 are available in
The release can be downloaded at
To use this release download the above archive and change your script
tag so your application loads the GeoExt.js file of the archive. You
will also need OpenLayers 2.9.1 (or trunk).
Bug reports can be filed in Trac, under the 0.7 version.
Don't miss the user extensions that can be used with this release: Feature Editing, Simple Print Form, Print Preview, Area and Length measures or GeoNames search.
Thanks Eric for this great release !