datacomponents, with an initial focus on the
Today we've been essentially consolidating things, focusing on what we started yesterday. To avoid too much dispersion we've essentially worked in pairs.
Here's a brief list of today's achievements:
- We have added tests and docs for the
Popup. These components are now in good shape.
- We have agreed on policies regarding setters and getters. The basic rule is to use getters and setters where it makes sense only, as opposed to defining every property in the
- We have ported a number of components from GeoExt 1, including the
Zoom Slider, the
- We have been developing
datacomponents for handling features and layers. This work will serve as the base for feature grids and layer trees.
- The test suite is now available online. We still have failing tests, they should be taken care of in the coming days.
- We have attempted to create a Sencha Touch 2 app based on the new
Map Panel. Our goal was to determine if the Map Panel could work seamlessly with both Sencha Touch 2 and Ext JS 4.
It turns out that the Sencha Touch API is very different (or at least too different) from the Ext JS 4 API. Having a Map Panel that works with both libraries is out of reach for the time being.
- We have investigated creating builds using the Sencha build tool. The good news is that it works with GeoExt. But there are still things to sort out in order to include OpenLayers code in the builds.